SERVING: 6 PREP TIME: 20min COOK TIME: 25min
- 500g chicken
- Dried herbs to mix
- 1/2 cup water + 8tbsp water
- 2 medium size onions
- 4 grated garlic cloves
- 2 carrots
- 6 tbsp SOS Méjico
- 4 tbsp cornflour
- 2 beaten egg yolks
- 3 sheets of shortcrust pastry
- 2 sheets of puff pastry
- 4 tbsps olive oil
- Replace the chicken with 6 small potatoes
- Replace the egg yolks with milk
- Sauté garlic in a heated pot with the olive oil for a min.
- Add the onions, carrots & chicken or potatoes & sauté.
- Now, add the SOS Méjico, dried herbs and mix. Add 1/2 cup water, cover the pot and let everything cook.
- Once cooked, mix 8 tbsps water with 4 tbsps cornflour & let the filling thicken.
- Transfer the pie filling to a large bowl & allow it to reach room temperature.
- Quarter the shortcrust sheets, use a muffin tray to form cups & add the filling to each cup. Finally, use the puff pastry sheets to cover the cups & make slits to let the steam escape.
- Brush the tops with the egg-wash or milk-wash. Then bake at 180ºC for 20 mins before serving.
Shop the SOS Méjico - Hot pepper sauce here