This little unassuming diner in Denver, Colorado in the US served an early breakfast. Their Home-fries made up for a fulfilling and delightful breakfast. It filled me with hope every morning before attending a short programme that I was attending, designed to teach me how to prepare for college.
I was in my late teens, it was a time of deep reflection into my childhood and what I should and shouldn’t do in order to be a successful adult. The Home fries that I remember from Denver brings back the Nostalgia from that experience.
The programme I was attending in Denver in 2015 was the window into my future, a chance to learn to be independent before going into college. Home-fries truly gave me energy and love required to last through a very long day full of activities.
Fast forward to 2021. Now that I have finished college, started The SOS Kitchen, I wanted to create this recipe to share the hopes, energy and love that I was given, to the readers and The SOS Kitchen customers through my passion - Food!
Hope you enjoy this recipe and find your own hope, energy and passion.
THE SOS KITCHEN, SINGAPORE
CIRCUIT BREAKER HOME-FRIES
- 1/2kg curry potatoes
- 1 large red capsicums
- 1 medium red onion
- 1 tbsps butter
- 4 tsp SOS Circuit Breaker - Habanero & Pepper Sauce
- 1 large garlic
- Salt to taste
- Dried Italian basil to garnish
Prep time: 10min Cook time: 20min Serving: 2
- Boil the potatoes & cube them.
- Quarter the onions, capsicum & separate the petals.
- Heat a pan with the 1/2 tbsp of butter, then fry the potatoes & keep aside.
- Add 1/2 tbsp butter to the pan, then fry the capsicums & onions. Midway during frying, add the SOS Circuit Breaker & mix well.
- Once the capsicums & onions are almost finished cooking, add the potatoes back & finishing cooking.
- Just before serving, add salt & dried Italian basil, mix them in the home-fries & serve!