This little unassuming diner in Denver, Colorado in the US served an early breakfast. Their Home-fries made up for a fulfilling and delightful breakfast. It filled me with hope every morning before attending a short programme that I was attending, designed to teach me how to prepare for college.
I was in my late teens, it was a time of deep reflection into my childhood and what I should and shouldn’t do in order to be a successful adult. The Home fries that I remember from Denver brings back the Nostalgia from that experience.
The programme I was attending in Denver in 2015 was the window into my future, a chance to learn to be independent before going into college. Home-fries truly gave me energy and love required to last through a very long day full of activities.
Fast forward to 2021. Now that I have finished college, started The SOS Kitchen, I wanted to create this recipe to share the hopes, energy and love that I was given, to the readers and The SOS Kitchen customers through my passion - Food!
Hope you enjoy this recipe and find your own hope, energy and passion.
THE SOS KITCHEN, SINGAPORE
CIRCUIT BREAKER HOME-FRIES
- 1kg curry potatoes - 6 curry potatoes large
- 2 large red capsicums - 445g
- 1(1/2) medium red onions - 235g
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 3 tbsps butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsps SOS Circuit Breaker
- Dried or fresh basil or herbs to garnish
10min - prep time
20min - cook time
- Boil the potatoes, quarter the onions and separate the petals and cube the capsicums.
- Heat a pan with olive oil, then fry the potatoes. Take the potatoes out of the pan into a mixing bowl.
- Using the same pan, fry the onions and capsicums. Once fried, transfer the onions and capsicums into a mixing bowl as well.
- With all veggies transferred into a mixing bowl, mix, garnish with coriander and serve.